Sup bosses? Long time, no see. I have been quite busy working on income streams. But, I wanted to check in with you and bring this question to attention.
“What value are you bringing to the table?”
If you don’t know the answer to this, you should find out and quick. Some of my readers tell me that they love my money making ideas and motivational posts. So, I guess, that’s what I bring to the table. And, I’m happy to do so. Now, this is a question that many blogs have to ask themselves. Because, if you’re blog is nothing but fluff and trying to force sales down your reader’s throats, guess what? You’re gonna fail. And miserably.
Now, I don’t want any of you, my beloved readers, to fail. So, I’ve compiled a quick list that can help you get back on track to what’s most important in this game, pleasing your readers. This list will include pointers on what you can do to bring more readers and appreciation from them. Because, the customer, or in our business, the reader, always comes first. So, without further adieu. Here are three quick tips to help you take your blog to the next level.
- Underpromise and Overdeliver – An age old adage started by salesman of old. But, this classic ethos lives on today and is more relevant than ever in the email age that we live in. Promise what you think can be doable, but strive to deliver so much more to your readership or email list. Especially, if you plan on upselling your readers on a premium product. If you plan on doing that, then make sure you provide them with plenty of free, valuable and helpful content that will help them out on their path to making money online. After about 3-4 emails of pure, unadulterated solid content, then maybe consider dropping your promotional link at the bottom. But, not before. Your readers will love you for this and it will pay off handsomely.
- Have a personality – It’s one thing to have a blog, but it’s a whole other thing to have a successful blog which readers will want to come back to time and time again. The reason for the latter is because people will come back for your witty insight and your great personality. Unlike blind dates, where a great personality is probably a bad thing. Lol. I digress. My point is make sure you have a certain style of writing and a hook (something that differentiates you from the sea of bloggers.) All the greats have it and so should you, if you want to be successful.
- Post daily – This is one point I mention daily. But, it’s so important. You have to be active. Constant content is the lifeblood of your blog. Without it, you are dead in the water. As hard as it may seem, do your best to be active daily. If not daily at least five times a week. This is mission critical and will always keep eyes coming back to your site. So, don’t neglect this daily routine and your little blog can climb up the ranks and maybe one day become an authority site (the holy grail for bloggers.)
- Post on YouTube – Double up on your content and drive more traffic to your site by posting on YouTube regularly. It will show your readership that you care when you take it to this next level and give them video content to watch. It will make your blog appear to offer more value and that is golden in this industry. While it’s true that YouTube now changed their policy about getting paid, before your first 10k views, that shouldn’t hinder you from posting. Keep adding those videos to your channel and you’ll hit that milestone in no time grasshopper.
- Send Thank You Emails – Fire up that autoresponder and send out your email list a token of your appreciation with no strings attached. That’s right. Give them something nice like an informative ebook you put together on how to drive traffic or some tips on how to grow their readership. Give them a really in-depth piece on what a well designed and “sticky” website should look like. Whatever your expertise is, give them a nice write up on it. And, let your audience know that you are giving it to them as a token of your appreciation for following you after all these struggling months or years. They will love you and will be more inclined to give your next paid promotional offerings closer consideration.
So, there you have it bosses! Some quick helpful tips for you to bring more to the table for your following. Because, if you’re not bringing much to the table, there are many other sites your readers can go to for a better experience. And, we wouldn’t want that? Would we? Nooo. Lol. Well, it was nice checkin with ya bosses. Stay tuned for the next post (and don’t forget to sign up for the email list at the top.) It’s gonna be amazing! B0$$!